Aso-oke is a traditional Yoruba fabric that is often used for traditional attire and ceremonies, it is very popular in Nigeria and it can be found in Lagos. Lagos is known for having many textile markets and shops where traditional fabrics such as Aso-oke can be found.
- Idumota Market: This is one of the oldest and most popular markets in Lagos, it is known for its wide variety of traditional fabrics such as Aso-oke, Adire, and other traditional textiles.
- Balogun Market: This is another popular market in Lagos, it is known for its wide variety of traditional fabrics and is a popular destination for people looking to purchase traditional fabrics for special occasions such as weddings, naming ceremonies, and other traditional events.
- Alaba International Market: This is the largest market for electronics in West Africa and it has a lot of textile and fabric merchants, Aso-oke is one of the fabrics that can be found here.
- Eko Market: This market is located in the heart of Victoria Island, it is known for its high-quality traditional fabrics and it is a popular destination for people looking to purchase traditional fabrics for special occasions.
- Online shops and marketplaces: There are also many online shops and marketplaces where traditional fabrics such as Aso-oke can be found, such as Ankara.com.ng and other online marketplaces.
When purchasing Aso-oke fabric in Lagos, it is advisable to shop around and compare prices and quality from different sellers. It is also important to check the authenticity of the fabric, as some sellers may sell imitations. It is also recommended to buy from trusted and well-known sellers, because they are more likely to sell high-quality fabrics.