Here are a few tips to help you identify the quality of ankara fabric:
- Check the weight of the fabric: High-quality ankara fabrics are usually thick and heavy, with a weight of around 200-220 GSM (grams per square meter).
- Look at the print: High-quality ankara fabrics have clear, sharp, and vibrant prints. The colors should be bright and not fade easily. The design should be well-defined and not blurred.
- Feel the fabric: High-quality ankara fabrics have a smooth and soft texture. The fabric should not be rough or stiff to the touch.
- Inspect the edges: High-quality ankara fabrics have clean and straight edges, with no fraying or unraveling.
- Check for shrinkage: High-quality ankara fabrics should not shrink significantly after washing or ironing.
- Look at the thickness of the fabric: High-quality ankara fabrics are thick and not transparent.
- Check the manufacturer: well-known and reputable brands usually produce high-quality fabrics
It’s always a good idea to check the quality of the fabric before making a purchase. It’s also recommended to buy from trusted and well-known sellers, because they are more likely to sell high-quality fabrics.