You have the right to start a business in Nigeria. The first step is to find out what type of business you want to start and then choose the location where it will be located. After this, you need to register your business with local agencies such as the Corporate Affairs Commission, city hall and state administration departments etc…
Secure the right location
- Location is very important to start a business. The location should be accessible and close to the market, road, customers and suppliers. It will also help you get bank loans easily if you start your business with an approved plan.
- Order your fabrics on ankara.com.ng/
Advertise your beautifully designed ready to wear ankara
Organise a photoshoot for your already produced designs, most especially placed on a plain background.
Advertising is a key component of marketing and it is used to inform or persuade an audience. It can be a form of communication that uses visual, verbal or written messages in order to reach the target market through various media, such as television, radio, newspapers or magazines.
The most common way of advertising your business is by placing adverts on websites like Google AdWords (search engine ads) or Facebook Ads (pay-per-click). These types of advertising are often referred to as online advertising because they take place online but there are also other forms such as print advertisement which require you to submit your adverts in different places such as newspapers etc..
Register your business with CAC
Register your business with the local and state agencies. This is a legal requirement for all new businesses. You will need to register with each agency, but it’s worth it in order to get government support.
It’s also important to register your business because this protects you from fraud and theft, which can cost you thousands of dollars if left unchecked or unaddressed. In addition, registering allows you access to some federal grants that may be available through certain agencies (such as those offered by the Small Business Administration).
Stock up on Inventory
Inventory is the lifeblood of any business. Get a very good tailor to help you execute your designs and it is best to keep to less than 10 designs for a single production so you can achieve economics of scale. It’s what keeps your store stocked with the right items, at the right time—and it’s where you’ll find everything from clothing to shoes to accessories. While inventory management is an important part of running a well-oiled machine, many entrepreneurs don’t know how to do it correctly or efficiently. If this sounds like you, read on for some tips on how best (and most easily) ensure your stores are ready for when customers come through their doors!
- Stock up on quality products: The first step in any successful retail business is having enough inventory in stock so that customers can make their purchases quickly and easily without having them run out before they even get there (or worse yet: never showing up at all). This means buying only high-quality goods that will stand up over time—not just because they look good but also because they’re durable enough not only survive wear & tear but also retain value over time due specifically designed materials such as cotton instead than synthetic fabrics like polyester which tend not hold up well under constant use either physically or financially speaking.“
Hire Sales Staff
The sales team is the most important part of your business. You need to be able to hire people who are passionate about what they do, have experience in the fashion industry and are good at selling their products.
If you’re looking for salespeople, it’s important that they have the following traits:
- Passion for the brand (you should be able to tell if someone is genuinely excited about selling your product)
- Experience selling clothes (if not already an expert)
- Good communication skills (not just talking but listening too) For example: asking questions with genuine curiosity and understanding why customers buy what they buy etc..
Get a good point of sales equipment (POS)
To start your business, you’ll need a good POS system. This is used to process sales transactions and keep track of inventory, sales, customer information, employee time management and more.
Here are some of the most popular types of Point Of Sale (POS) devices:
- Computer tablets: These can be used for small businesses that don’t have enough space for traditional computers or want something portable. They’re easy to set up and use at home or in retail stores as well.
- Mobile devices: These are great if your business doesn’t have much room in its office but still needs all the functionality that a desktop computer provides—plus they’re lightweight enough that they won’t be too heavy on your wallet!
This is how to start your own ready to wear ankara business
Starting a ready-to-wear Ankara business involves several steps, including:
- Research: Understand the market and competition by researching existing businesses and identifying gaps in the market that your business can fill.
- Business plan: Create a business plan that outlines your business goals, target market, pricing strategy, and marketing plan.
- Design and production: Develop a unique design for your Ankara clothing line and source a manufacturer to produce the garments.
- Branding: Create a strong brand identity for your business and develop a website, social media presence, and other marketing materials.
- Sales and distribution: Find ways to sell and distribute your clothing, such as through online platforms, retail stores, or pop-up shops.
- Networking: Attend trade shows and networking events to meet potential customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Financial planning: Create financial projections and obtain funding, if necessary, to support your business.
- Legal compliance: Ensure that your business is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
This is a very simple guide to how to start a ready to wear ankara business. Remember, the first step is always easy. You need to start with a good location and then move on from there. Don’t spend too much money on advertising, because it will come back in your favor later on when you have more traffic coming through your doors every day!